Friday, July 29, 2016

I'm not there

Being away from home is very hard sometimes. Although my husband and daughter are there, when an issue comes up it is very difficult to not also be there. Not only is it difficult to concentrate on work, I wish I could be there to help. I wonder if things are taking a true turn or if this will pass in a few days. I spoke to a co-worker today whose mother also has Alzheimer's. Her mother is younger than my MIL (by about 13 years) but she developed it much earlier. Her mother doesn't sleep through the night. I am thankful that isn't an issue for us. We at least all get to sleep most nights. I have no idea what is coming. No idea what issues this disease will bring. Some days are the same. Some day I hope end quickly. Honestly, to this day, there has not been one moment I regret the decision to have her in our home. It is hard. It is stressful. I cry sometimes. Sometimes I want to scream, but I know we did not make the wrong decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment